Meet you at the Market
The Bellevue Farmers Market is a community nexus, bringing together food, families, and fun!
Make a Better Bellevue.
The Bellevue Farmers Market started in 2017 under the direction of a group of residents. They realized a charming, walkable community like Bellevue, PA deserved to have a market that was as exciting and dynamic as the town itself. The goal of the market is to create a central point for the community that is accessible to all.
Visiting the Market in 2020
- NEW LOCATION: AHN Suburban General Monroe Parking Lot (map), fewer than 500 feet from Lincoln Avenue
- The Bellevue Farmers Market is each Wednesday from July 15th through October 28th from 4pm to 7pm.
- During market hours, parking is free in the Meade parking lot located nearby.
- No tobacco products are allowed at the market at any time.
- We have multiple vendors that can accept SNAP/EBT – stop by the market booth for more details!
- We have two farmers that currently accept WIC Farmers Market Nutrition Program (FMNP) and Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program (SFMNP.)
Be a Safe Shopper!
Bellevue Farmers Market is committed to creating a safe, sanitary and socially-distant shopping experience as our community navigates Covid-19. We appreciate your willingness to be a safe shopper by:
- Considering the safety of neighbors first and staying home if you have symptoms
- Always wearing a mask to protect at-risk neighbors
- Always maintaining social distancing of six feet
- Washing your hands upon entering and frequently while shopping
- Respecting and following the one-way flow of traffic
- Allowing vendors to handle and bag all products
- Following the guidance of Bellevue Farmers Market volunteers
- Shopping with as few people as possible in your party
- Shopping from a list and limiting time at the market
- Waiting to enjoy market goods until at home
We thank you all for your focus on helping us keep everyone safe!
FAQ For the 2020 Market Season
Will you have food trucks?
We are operating our market as if we were in “yellow” throughout the 2020 season, meaning that we will not be hosting food trucks this year. We strongly recommend that you take advantage of the excellent take-out and dine-in options. Look for market specials at our local eateries!
Will masks be required?
Yes. In addition to following governmental mandates, we are maintaining a focus on the safety of our community, vendors, and volunteers. If you cannot shop with a mask, we can have a volunteer shop in your place from a list.
How will the market be different this year?
In addition to starting our market season six weeks later, we’ve made a few additional changes from our past markets. While we expect to return to the market you love in 2021, we are making the following adjustments through the 2020 market season:
- Location: AGH Suburban Monroe Parking Lot
- Hours: 4 pm through 7 pm
- No food trucks, entertainment, or other extras on-site
Why are you not at Bayne Park?
We love Bayne Park as much as you do, but we had two issues with using the park for the 2020 season:
- Bayne Park is currently reseeding the lawn, which needs a full season to take. Having the Farmers Market at the park would have nullified that investment.
- Given the unpredictable nature of Covid-19 and the chance that spikes might result in additional cases, we wanted to have a location that could be sustained throughout our market season in almost any situation. Since Bayne Park would be closed under “yellow” guidelines, we would be forced to find an alternate space, and make significant changes in logistics, in short order. We decided to make a permanent move for the 2020 season while anxiously awaiting our market to return to Bayne in 20201.
Featured Market Vendors
Olive & Marlowe
Locally-owned purveyor of small-batch olive oils and balsamic vinegars, including several monovarietal oils as well as dozens of flavored oils and vinegar.
Only western Pennsylvania to bake this delicious pita bread. Family owned business ships bread throughout the country.
“The Bellevue Farmers Market is a family-friendly and community-centered event that has brought our neighbors closer together. I’m so glad we have this.”
List of Vendors
Below are the vendors for the 2020 season. List is subject to change.
Sponsor the Market
Your support of the Bellevue Farmers Market reaches beyond the weekly market. In addition to promoting healthy lifestyles through better food choices, your contribution supports local farmers and entrepreneurs, keeping them in business and creating more jobs in our communities.
Through July 12, 2020, we are offering to deliver meals to individuals or families experiencing food insecurity or quarantine in the midst of the COVID-19 outbreak. For more information about the program, visit https://bit.ly/bfmmeals.
Bona Fide Bellevue puts on a number of community-wide events throughout the year in order to provide fun and engaging activities for our residents and/or to attract customers and attention to our shopping district(s).
CLICK HERE TO VOLUNTEER (opens in new window)